If you have any problems or need assistance with online giving, you can send an email to our finance team at email@example.com.
There are multiple ways for you to give at Destiny Church. Each method allows for God’s work to be done as you are faithful to his calling to give back. There are several benefits to online giving for both you and our church. Some of them are. . .
- Faithfully Honoring God – When you sign up to give online you are deciding in advance to faithfully give. God always blesses that kind of faith! The Bible teaches that we are to honor God with the “First Fruits” of our labor (Proverbs 3:9). By setting up a recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify, you can ensure that your First Fruits are faithfully given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t have to remember whether you gave this month or send in an offering by mail when you’re on a trip.
- Security – We utilize an encrypted secure website for your online records. Online giving is more secure than giving with a check or cash because an electronic gift can’t be lost or stolen.
- Focus – Instead of having to worry about writing a check and filling out an envelope during the service, you can be fully focused on the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Helping Destiny – Online giving is more cost effective for our church to process, and it makes our record keeping much easier.
Automated Bank Debit (preferred method) Automated Bank Debit is the easiest and most effective way to automate your giving. Once it is set up, you may update or change your giving at any time by simply contacting us. Plus, 100% of your gift goes to the ministries of Destiny because there are no processing fees.
To sign-up, complete an auto-debit form and mail the completed form to Destiny Church to have your giving automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Appreciated Marketable Securities are a great way to maximize your giving, because you receive an immediate income tax deduction for the full fair market value of your securities. In addition, you pay no capital gains tax on the difference between your cost and the fair market value.
For more information on giving stocks/bonds/securities to Destiny e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tithes and Offerings
Financial giving at Destiny can generally be divided into two categories: tithes and offerings. The Bible teaches us that we worship the Lord with our tithe, which is ten percent of our income contributed to the church on a regular basis. When we feel called to give over and above our tithe, we do so as an offering.
The ministry of Destiny Church is funded by God’s provision through the tithes and offerings of faithful Destiny members and attenders. At Destiny we honor God’s provision by exercising wise and faithful stewardship, ethical business practices, and full accountability so that the financial integrity of Destiny remains above reproach.
Our mission is facilitated through our system of internal controls over financial reporting and managed by an independent accounting firm. Internal budgeting and reporting processes assure our funds are wisely managed every year. Additionally, Destiny has an annual financial review performed by an independent accounting firm.
Members of Destiny Church may request a copy of our most recent financial statements or ask general questions about our financial practices at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
A Note About Credit Cards
While we allow the use of credit cards for tithes and offerings, we still strongly encourage the use of electronic funds transfer rather than credit card for two primary reasons:
- Although many pay off their credit cards each month, many also do not. We do not want to encourage someone to go into debt and pay interest on gifts given to the church.
- With electronic transfer, your entire gift goes to the church. When using a credit card, as much as 3% of your gift can go to the credit card company.